Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday, November 8, 2013

Dear Families,

First, from our Guest Blogger Clara:

"Today we went on a very interesting field trip. We learned a lot about sea animals. We touched some sting rays. I tried to touch a shark but it just wouldn't come to me. We took a class about sea animals and I got to touch a hermit crab, a snail, a mussel, a sea urchin, clams and scallops. My favorite part was seeing all the animals."

This week in my math class we continued to work on recognizing coins and adding up small amounts of coins. Next, we will focus on making change.

In my grammar group we continued with our parts of speech practice. Also, I sent home the first book report of the year. Book choices are due by next Friday, November 15th and the final project is due Tuesday, December 17th.

In our Building Bridges unit we learned about three types of bridges; suspension, beam and arch. We also learned about piers, spans and abutments. On our way to the aquarium we noticed a lot of bridges and the students were able to tell me the types!

Reminder: there is no school this Monday due to parent/teacher conference day.

Shabbat Shalom,

Hamorah Caren

Examining coins.





Touching a sea urchin.



So excited to be on a field trip to the aquarium!


Touching hermit crabs.




No comments:

Post a Comment