Friday, March 28, 2014


Friday, March 28, 2014

This week my science and social studies class continued learning about penguins. Do you know what a rookery is? Do you know what a penguin does if it doesn't have enough rocks to make a nest? Ask your first or second grader!

My math group reviewed bar graphs and line graphs.  Next we will look at pictographs. The most important thing we learned this week is that we have to READ all of the information about a graph before we can understand it. Now that it is spring, I am pushing all of my students to read all directions carefully before they say, "I don't get it!"

My literacy group learned about possessives. The kids had a great time cutting out various pictures of people, animals and objects and making different pairs (the penguin's ice cream, the girl's magnifying glass).

And, finally, grades 1 and 2 completed the science experiment for the Science Fair. Will wheat grow in a straw without soil? If you want to know, you'll have to find out at the fair!

A reminder that our trip to Chabad in Natick is this Monday. The kids are looking forward to learning about how matzah is made.

Shabbat Shalom,

Hamorah Caren

Morning math review on elapsed time.


Some of my literacy students displaying their beautiful dioramas.




No comments:

Post a Comment